Friday, March 6, 2015

Between the Parks 1 & 2

So...on to a few pastel paintings. I succumbed to the urge to buy a 72 piece starter set of soft Unison pastels to go with the hard pastels and pastel pencils I already had. I also purchased some UArt sanded papers and a few pieces of Pastelmat, along with some Pastelbord from Ampersand.
I did 5 small pastels of the same scene on different surfaces. These are the 2 that I liked the best. The rest hit the trash.
This scene is a roadside pullout between Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Bob and I were there several years ago and I did a small plein air painting at that time.
The first one is about 6x9 and on UArt 320 and the second is 5x7 on pumice primed gessoboard.
For all the colors I have now I still lacked a color to make the mountains the color I thought they should be. That will be my big adjustment to pastels, never enough colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment