Wednesday, September 9, 2015

30 in Day 9: Transitions


"Transitions Study"
by Sandra LaFaut ©
9x12", Pastel on sanded board

Driving through the Bighorn Mountains a few years ago, Bob and I came upon the beautiful scene that so clearly shows the changing seasons. It was very late September, a cold, clear, crisp morning. Off to the right far up the hill some horses were playing, chasing and calling out to one another. It was a very memorable moment for both of us. 
Then our brakes on our brand new van glazed over and started smoking - another memorable moment!
I'm calling this one a study because I am already thinking of things I'd like to try to play with the image. I also have this on my wall as a large photograph, but have always wanted to do in in some form of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment