Tuesday, September 1, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days, Round 2

Leslie Saeta, from Slices of Life hosts a challenge every now and then for artists to join her in doing 30 paintings in 30 days. I tried this early in the year and stopped after a week or so. Now I'm trying it again starting today. The challenge runs through September so I'm catching it on Day 1.

I'm planning on doing mostly pastels because I could use the practice. My goal will be to focus more on large shapes and impressions and less on details.
This one is a sunset from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, one of my own photo references from a few years ago. It is a 5x7" pastel using soft pastel on Ampersand Pastelbord ™. It's not a surface I have used much. I have several pieces of it, but I'm finding I like working on sanded paper better.


2 comments:

  1. Love your sunset! I use Ampersand Pasteboard and love it - but find underpaintings fill the tooth, so I don't do an underpainting on it. Have fun in the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and for leaving a comment, Judy! Yes, I filled the tooth too fast to be able to add many layers.

      Delete